Dr. Krochmal performs Preprosthetic Surgery if a patient’s mouth needs minor surgery before receiving a partial or complete denture. Because a denture sits on the bone ridge, it is very important that the bone is the proper shape and size in order to enjoy the maximum level of comfort and function.
One or more of the following procedures might need to be performed in order to prepare your mouth for a denture:
- Bone smoothing and reshaping
- Removal of excess bone
- Bone ridge reduction
- Removal of excess gum tissue
- Augmentation of deficient bone
Our Preprosthetic Surgery patients benefit from:
- Comfort during surgery through the use of several anesthesia options including nitrous oxide analgesia and intravenous anesthesia.
- An experienced surgical team of professionals who are committed to making your experience as easy and comfortable as possible.
- The highest standards of instrument sterilization and autoclave monitoring.
- A commitment to work cooperatively with your dentist to provide the highest quality of care.
If you are in need of dental care that requires Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Dental Implants, please call us at (757) 440-7777. Thank you.