Dental implants are frequently the best option for missing teeth because they provide a long-term less invasive tooth replacement that use your natural bone for support.
Dental implants are the preferred solution over removable and partial dentures which rest on the gum line, and fixed bridges which use adjacent teeth as anchors. Removable dentures and fixed bridges may cause a number of problems including:
- Denture movement.
- An embarrassing clicking sound while eating or speaking.
- Bone loss in the area where the tooth or teeth are missing.
- A negative effect on adjacent healthy teeth.
- Recurrent decay as well as periodontal (gum) disease.
- They may need to be replaced every seven to 15 years.
The right solution
Whether you are a young, middle-aged or older adult and need to replace one tooth, several teeth, or all of your teeth, our Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery office has a dental implant solution for you. Dental implants are a wonderful way to restore your ability to eat, speak clearly and smile proudly.
They combine the best of modern science and technology and
offer the following advantages over removable dentures, partials and fixed bridges:
- The vast majority of dental implants first placed by Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons in the United States in the past 20 years continue to function at peak performance.
- If properly cared for, dental implants can last a lifetime.
- Composed of titanium metal that "fuses" with the jawbone through a process called "osteointegration."
- Dental implants never slip or make embarrassing noises that advertise the fact that you have "false teeth."
- They never decay like teeth anchoring fixed bridges.
- Because dental implants fuse with the jawbone, bone loss is generally not a problem.
- Many patients who have selected dental implants describe a quality of life that is much more comfortable and secure than the lifestyle endured by those with fixed bridges or removable dentures and partials.
- Patients say their implants eliminate the day-to-day frustrations and discomfort of ill-fitting dentures.
- They allow people to enjoy a healthy and varied diet without the restrictions many denture wearers face.
Our dental implant patients benefit from:
- Comfort during surgery through the use of several anesthesia options including nitrous oxide analgesia and intravenous anesthesia.
- An experienced surgical team of professionals who are committed to making your experience as easy and comfortable as possible.
- The highest standards of instrument sterilization and autoclave monitoring.
- A commitment to work cooperatively with your dentist to provide the highest quality of care.
If you are in need of dental care that requires Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Dental Implants, please call us at (757) 440-7777. Thank you.